Adamson Associates Architects is a leading international architectural firm based in Toronto with offices in New York, Los Angeles and London, England. Established in 1934, Adamson Associates is noted for its long tradition of design excellence and technical expertise. As the Executive Architect, we are engaged by international design firms to assist them in the planning, design and delivery of complex, large-scale projects across the globe; in fact, we estimate that 85% of our work is in this role. We are proud to work with world-renowned design architects to help deliver some of the most iconic buildings in the world.
Adamson’s Toronto office is currently seeking an extremely motivated and organized Document Controller who will report to our Document Control Manager and be responsible for handling, issuing, receiving and coordinating contract documents on projects of various sizes.
- Issuing/receiving process for 2D, 3D files and documents
- Issuing electronic document files that have been prepared by the project teams via FTP and or cloud-based electronic document management sites
- Printing digital submissions, final quality control, organizing and maintaining up to date electronic file folders and printed document sets
- Coordination of construction documents (drawings and specifications) while providing quality check in accordance to project protocol
- Preparing and checking titles and issue lists (drawing and specification lists)
- Maintaining current drawing and specification sets (hard copies and digital files)
- Communicate with printing house and consultants for project printing related issues
- Organizing and maintaining project related codes, standards and other material and distributing them among team members as required
- Organizing the printing of issued documents including consultants’ documents in accordance with the project's protocol
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (MS Office applications) as well as having the capacity to quickly learn new software
- Knowledge of Aconex Project Management software is an asset
- Strong tech skills (ability to work well with printers and plotters as well as troubleshoot)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Self- motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and available to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to changing expectations
If you share our commitment to design excellence and would like to join a fast-paced but supportive team-based environment, please submit a cover letter with credentials and your electronic resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Adamson. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment process.