Intermediate Revit-trained Architectural Technologist
Adamson Associates Architects is a leading international architectural firm based in Toronto with offices in New York, Los Angeles and London, England. Established in 1934, Adamson is noted for its long tradition of design excellence and technical expertise. As the Executive Architect, we are engaged by international design firms to assist them in the planning, design and delivery of complex, large-scale projects across the globe. We are proud to work with world-renowned design architects to assist them in the delivery of some of the globe’s most iconic buildings.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Revit-trained Architectural Technologist to join our head office in downtown Toronto. Our technologists work in the latest versions of Revit on a variety of high-profile local and international buildings.
- Work with and support Project Managers and Associates on the development of projects
- Assemble construction drawing sets with minimal supervision from schematic design through to construction administration in REVIT, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keep current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Ensure all work meets Adamson standards for quality
- Complete work upon agreed deadlines
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale retail, commercial, mixed-use and institutional buildings
- Highly proficient in producing Contract Documents in current versions of REVIT
- Strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of manufacturers’ requirements
- Fully versed in the Ontario Building Code
- Knowledge of Canadian building practices and standards
- Familiarity with Contract Administration/shop drawing review
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working in both imperial and metric measurements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player able to work collaboratively in groups of 5-10
- Versatile and able to work with different management styles
- Flexible schedule and able to work overtime as needed
What We Offer:
The well-being of our employees is important to us and so we offer competitive salaries/benefits, engaging work, company social events/BBQs and an open-office environment conducive to collaborating with teammates.
If you are a self-motivated individual capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects and interested in growing with the firm, please submit a cover letter with credentials, electronic resume, and images of your work to, email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Adamson. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment process.