Our New York office has an immediate opening for a Junior Architect.
In your capacity as a Junior Architect, you will:
- Work collaboratively with our team in the production of architectural documents in through all stages of a project — from schematic design through to construction administration
- Prepare accurate drafting markups from architects, designers and senior drafting personnel (a thorough understanding of construction detailing is essential)
- Apply office-wide standards to drafting assignments (layers, line weights, etc.)
- Assemble construction drawing sets in REVIT, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Ensure outputs meet the required quality expectations and agreed upon deadlines.
- Completion of a five or six-year architectural degree program or Master in Architecture
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in current versions of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in New York Building Code with experience and/or knowledge of high-rise commercial, residential, and institutional buildings
- Strong knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembly of construction drawing sets.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent
- Positive attitude coupled with strong work ethic
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a desire to learn and grow with our firm. Working on landmark projects, the ideal candidate will display an enthusiastic commitment to the multi-disciplinary project development process in a team-focused environment.
A two-hour Revit Assessment will be given to those chosen for an interview.