Revit-trained Architect – Vancouver
Adamson Associates Architects is a leading international architectural firm noted for its long tradition of design excellence and technical expertise. As the Executive Architect, we are engaged by international design firms to assist them in the planning, design and delivery of complex, large-scale projects across the globe; in fact, we estimate that 85% of our work is in this role. We are proud to work with world renowned design architects to help put their visions into fruition.
At present, we are looking for motivated and hard-working Architects to help us develop one of the many exciting projects that we’re currently working on in Vancouver, BC. The successful candidates will be based in Vancouver but will report to Project Managers working out of our Toronto head office.
- Work with and support senior architects on the development of projects
- Assemble construction drawing sets in REVIT, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keep current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Ensure all work meets Adamson standards for quality
- Complete work upon agreed deadlines
- Bachelor of Architecture (BArch)
- 8+ years of professional work experience doing production drawings in large-scale commercial, mixed use, residential and institutional projects
- High proficiency in current versions of REVIT
- Proven abilities in the production of meticulous architectural documents through all stages of a project’s lifespan with focus on CD/CA
- Fully versed in the Vancouver Building By-Law (Latest Edition)
- Strong knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembly of construction drawing sets.
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude accompanied with a strong work ethic
- Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent
- Self-motivated with the capability of working with minimum to no supervision
- Experience coordinating with Mechanical/Structural/Electrical consultants is an asset
If you share our commitment to design excellence and would like to join a dynamic, fast-paced, but supportive team-based environment, please don’t hesitate to submit a cover letter with credentials, electronic resume, and images of your work to careersToronto@adamson-associates.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Adamson. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment process.