Senior Architect with Cladding Expertise
Our NYC office is seeking an experienced Cladding Project Manager with an architectural background to work on prestigious projects, and to head up the cladding project teams that are working on major international developments. This is a permanent full-time role.
To be considered, you must have the following skill requirements:
- Have no less than 10+ years experience working with world-renowned design firms delivering large-scale commercial development schemes with complex cladding elements.
- Understand the various top-designers’ architectural languages and design, and possess and provide strong technical/construction methodology and detailing support.
- Have delivered unique building envelope construction (facades, roofing and waterproofing) document packages that satisfy both the aesthetic and technical needs of a project.
- Experience with complex geometry is desired.
- The ability to produce high quality coordinated working drawings coupled with solid Revit skills is essential.
The following will be the duties of the position:
- Leading the coordination with the building design architects and providing guidance on technical and building code related matters, and working to distill the critical design intent elements
- Working in a fully digital environment and fluent in Revit use.
- Leading the coordination effort between the consultants and both assessing and incorporating the work of any related specialist contractors
- Communicating with the client, their agents and the general contractor on a daily basis and participating in regular cost analysis and value engineering workshops
- Producing a set of construction documents for the building envelope based on all of the above
- Seeing this design through to completion by undertaking the Architect’s construction administration scope of services as it relates to the building envelope, including reviewing trade contractor submittals, and participating in periodic site reviews
Please contact Brianne Dempsey at BDempsey@adamson-associates.com. Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to us including current resume, cover letter and examples of their work. Attachments/portfolios cannot exceed 13 MB.
Salary commensurate with experience.