Senior Architect/Job Captain
Our New York office has an immediate opening for a Senior Architect/Job Captain.
In this position, you will:
- Create and review contract documents, ensuring compliance with firm standards, mechanical, building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Coordinate with senior technical staff to provide technical solutions for design dilemmas
- Coordinate and review engineering consultants’ work to ensure compliance with design solution and timely submission of documents
- Develop, organize and review building plans and design documents
- Ensure that projects meet code, environmental, safety, structural, zoning and aesthetic standards
- Completion of a five or six-year architectural degree program or Master in Architecture program
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience (including minimum of 2 years in leadership role as Job Captain)
- Proven experience leading teams while managing complex large-scale projects
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of REVIT, AutoCad, MS-Office
- Strong and positive leadership and interpersonal qualities
- Detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong understanding of New York building codes
- Proven experience in the production of working drawings from schematic design through to construction administration.
- Experience with large-scale commercial, mixed-use, high-rise residential, and institutional buildings as related to the New York City Building Code.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities
- Understand how to develop a wide range of project types, dealing with project schedule, client demands, building materials, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembling construction drawing sets.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment applying in-depth knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology.
- Have excellent leadership skills coupled with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, producing exemplary work on a daily basis.
A two-hour Revit Assessment will be given to those chosen for an interview.