Senior Specifications Writer
Our Toronto office is seeking a Senior Specifications Writer to join our team to prepare project manuals for a variety of complex architectural project types.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing technical documents (specifications and other contract documents) for incorporation into Project Manuals for a wide range of highly complex building project types (commercial mixed-use, health care, public/civic etc.).
- Interpreting architectural, related engineering and other related contract documents (drawings, specifications, reports) and assist the Project Manager in locating information particular to the project in the contract documents.
- Overseeing the preparation of Project Manuals with the Project team.
- Providing quality control review of contract documents prepared by internal and external source specifications.
- Training of Junior and Intermediate level specification writers.
- Educating staff on issues related to specifications, keynoting, technical material information, Project Manuals and assisting with educational bulletins about new product materials and new technology for staff members.
- Collaborating with Project Managers, Team Leads, Architects, Engineers and Designers.
- Completing tasks in line with deadlines.
- Assisting in the ongoing development of office master specifications.
- Coordinating the scheduling and production of Project Manuals with teams for creation of on-time deliverables.
- Collaborating with project teams, specification team members, document control and IT staff to ensure smooth information transfer and precise document development.
- Technical research of new building technology methods and materials.
- Acting as a resource for technical questions, technical detail review, submittal review and material as well as product selections.
- Maintaining technical documents (codes, standards, technical literature)
- Maintaining information databases.
Qualifications for this position include:
- 10+ years in architectural profession with minimum 5+ years of North America experiences
- 10+ years of dedicated specification writing for various building types
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, or Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Registered Specification Writer (RSW) or Certified Specification Practitioner (CSP)
- Active member of Construction Specifications Canada (CSC)
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS)
- Active member of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- LEED® Accreditation
- Mandatory: Advanced level Microsoft office
- Autocad/Revit an asset