Our New York office is seeking an Specifications Writer to prepare project manuals for a variety of complex building and project types in our collaborative multi-disciplinary firm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares Project Manuals for a wide range of highly complex project types including educational, commercial, health care, industrial etc.)
- Interprets architectural, engineering and contract documents (drawings and specifications) and assists the Project Manager in locating information specific to the project
- Oversees the preparation of Project Manuals
- Assists trained Project Team members, including architects and engineers, to prepare Project Manuals
- Provides Project Manual Training
- Educates staff on issues related to specifications
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Architects, Engineers and Designers
- Ensures correct budgeting for specification production
- Coordinates scheduling and production of Project Manuals
- Collaborates with Project Teams
- Serves as a resource for technical questions and for material and product selections.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for this position include:
- 7+ years in the architectural profession
- 7+ years of dedicated specification writing for various building types
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, or Certificate in Architectural Technology
- Good communication skills
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS)
- Active member of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- LEED AP
Please contact Brianne Dempsey at BDempsey@adamson-associates.com. Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to us including a current resume, cover letter and examples of their work. Attachments/portfolios cannot exceed 13 MB.
Salary commensurate with experience.