Our New York office is seeking an experienced Cladding Manager with an architectural background to lead cladding coordination in our prestigious projects. This is a permanent full-time role.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in large-scale commercial development with complex cladding systems
- Provide strong technical/construction methodology and detailing support
- Experience delivering unique building envelope construction (facades, roofing and waterproofing) document packages that satisfy both the aesthetic and technical needs of a project
- Have experience, as a cladding lead, in coordination with other trades such as Structure and MEP
- The ability to produce high quality coordinated working drawings, coupled with solid Revit skills, is essential
- Understanding of NYC Building Code and NY Energy Conservation Code
- Experience with complex geometry is desired
Duties involved in the position include:
- Leading the coordination with the Design Architects and providing guidance on technical and building code related matters, and working to distill the critical design intent elements
- Working in a fully digital environment and fluent in Revit use
- Leading the coordination effort between the consultants, both assessing and incorporating the work of related specialist contractors
- Communicating with the client, their agents and the general contractor on a daily basis and participating in regular cost analysis and value engineering workshops
- Producing a set of construction documents for the building envelope based on all of the above
- Seeing this design through to completion by undertaking the Architect’s Construction Administration scope of services as it relates to the building envelope, including reviewing trade contractor submittals, and participating in periodic site reviews
Adamson and AAI provide architectural services on iconic projects around the world, from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Los Angeles, New York, and London. Our firm was established in Toronto in 1934 and has operated continually since that time. Starting in the 1980s, we expanded into the United States, the United Kingdom, and Southeast Asia. Today we operate as an integrated practice that is global in reach.
We offer a full range of architectural, planning, interior, and urban design services to a wide range of clients, in both the private and public sectors. Our portfolio encompasses projects in virtually every market sector – commercial, cultural, hotel and residential, justice, colleges and universities, healthcare, transportation, retail, entertainment, and large-scale, mixed-use developments.
Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application, which should be submitted via the link above. Please include current resume, cover letter and work examples. Attachments/portfolios must not exceed 13 MB.
Salary commensurate with experience.