Adamson Associates Architects has an immediate opportunity available for an experienced Contract Administrator in the Toronto area.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills. They will also have proven experience in contract documents and site reviews for large mixed-use projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in Contract Administration
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or Degree in Architecture
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong client communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills required
- Experience in large-scale office, institutional and mixed-use projects
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge of various Canadian Codes
- Basic knowledge and administrative experience with various CCDC construction contracts
- Strong proficiency with Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Teams
- Knowledge and experience with the use of Newforma and or Revit is preferred
- Ability to travel on short notice
Provide construction administration functions for assigned projects on site and within the office including:
- Work in a collaborative team environment, primarily in construction administration, with involvement as required for the preparation of contract documents including pre-tender document review
- Preparation of tender bid documents
- Be the prime liaison between CMs/General Contractors, Client/Owner and A/E teams during the Construction Phase of Work
- Attend Owner, Architect, Contractor site meetings
- Carry out site review visits to monitor the quality and design intent of the contract documents and prepare field site visit reports and distribute them to the team
- Maintain RFIs, Shop Drawings, CCNs, CDs, SIs, COs and submittal logs
- Be responsible for the receipt and timely reply to contractor’s Request for Information (RFIs)
- Be responsible for the A/E teams timely review and return of contractor shop drawings
- Preparation and related administration of site instructions, change directives, change orders, field review reports etc.
- Review and make recommendations on contractor quotations for the Owner’s approval
- Prepare and issue change orders
- Review of contractor monthly applications for progress payment, prepare and process certificates of payments
- Review and process closeout submittals
To apply for this opportunity please submit your resume via the form below.