Our Toronto Office has an immediate opening for a Contract Administrator on a diverse range of projects (both in scale and value). The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills coupled with solid experience in contract documents and site reviews. The Contract Administrator will work closely with the Manager of Contract Administration, firm principals and the A/E team to communicate and respond to construction matters.
- 6+ years’ experience in Contract Administration
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or Degree in Architecture
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong client communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills required
- Experience in large-scale office, institutional and mixed-use projects
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Basic knowledge of various Canadian Building Codes
- Strong knowledge and administrative experience with various CCDC construction contracts
- Strong proficiency with Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word
- Knowledge and experience with the use of Newforma and/or Fieldwire software for site review reports and punch lists is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Newforma and or Procore data base contract administration workflows
- Hold a valid Driver’s license and have a vehicle
- Hold a valid Canadian Passport
- Be able to travel on short notice, as required, both within the province and other parts of Canada and the U.S.
Provide construction administration functions for assigned projects on site and within the office including:
- Work in a collaborative team environment, primarily in construction administration, with involvement as required for the preparation of contract documents including pre-tender document review
- Preparation of tender bid documents
- Review Tenders received and contract award recommendations.
- Review and approval of Trade Contractor Schedule of Values at time of award
- Be the prime liaison between CMs/General Contractors, Client/Owner and A/E teams during the Construction Phase of Work
- Attend Owner, Architect, Contractor site meetings
- Participate in trade /consultant breakout construction team meetings to resolve escalated site issues or shop drawing details
- Carry out site review visits to monitor the quality and design intent of the contract documents and prepare field site visit reports and distribute them to the team
- Maintain RFIs, Shop Drawings, CCNs, CDs, SIs, COs and submittal logs
- Be responsible for the receipt and timely reply to contractor’s Request for Information (RFIs)
- Be responsible for the A/E teams timely review and return of contractor shop drawings
- Preparation and related administration of site instructions, change directives, change orders, field review reports etc.
- Review and make recommendations on contractor quotations for the Owner’s approval
- Prepare and issue change orders
- Review of contractor monthly applications for progress payment, prepare the related Certificates of Payments
- Review and process closeout submittals
- At time of the Contractor’s application for Substantial Performance carryout and prepare the required punch list reports
- Report on a regular basis to the Manager of Contract Administration, outlining status of job cost control and scheduling issues including general progress.