Our New York office has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Architect.
In this position, you will:
- Work with and support senior architects on the development of projects.
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, construction documentation, contract administration and Authority submissions under guidance from senior architects.
- Assemble construction drawing sets in Revit, including: site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Collaborate with consultants, attend meetings to coordinate drawings, and provide information as required.
- Work with current design techniques, building systems, and keeps current with design trends, code changes, and developments to sustain and improve technical and design skills.
- Coordinate specifications with project consultants and specification writer.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure outputs meet the required quality expectations and agreed upon deadlines.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program or Master in Architecture program.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with medium to large-scale commercial, mixed-use, high-rise residential and institutional projects.
- Proven abilities in the production of meticulous architectural documents through all stages of a project’s lifespan — from schematic design through to construction administration with focus on CD/CA.
- High level of proficiency in current versions of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in New York Building Code, New York Energy Code, ADA and other required standards.
- Strong knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and assembly of construction drawing sets.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent.
- Positive attitude coupled with strong work ethic. Have the ability to work in a collaborative environment, producing exemplary work on a daily basis.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment.
A two-hour Revit Assessment will be given to those chosen for an interview.
Salary commensurate with experience.