Our New York office has an immediate opening for a Senior Architect/Job Captain.
In this position, you will:
- Be an effective leader to your team on the development of the project and support the Project Director on the implementation of the project direction.
- Develop a strong relationship between the Owner, Design Architect and Consultant Team.
- Manage team resources and schedules according to design, deliverable and construction schedule.
- Manage development of drawing sets.
- Participate in the documentation, coordination and review of contract documents from pre-concept to CA phases.
- Ensure compliance with AAI firm standards, best practices, New York City Building Codes, New York City Energy codes, ADA requirements and all other applicable laws.
- Coordinate with senior technical staff to provide technical solutions.
- Support other teams to provide technical solutions, code compliance methods and QAQC support when needed.
- Coordinate and review consultants’ work to ensure compliance with scope of work, design intent, performance requirements and timely submission of documents.
- Coordinate with consultants and specification writer to provide required specification sections at each submission milestone.
- Provide technical guidance of junior staff.
- Create a strong, collaborative working environment amongst the team.
- Completion of a five or six-year architectural degree program or Master in Architecture program.
- 10 years of work experience in large-scale commercial, mixed-use, high-rise residential and institutional projects. Minimum of 3 years in leadership role as Job Captain.
- Proven experience leading large teams while managing complex large-scale projects.
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of Revit, AutoCAD and MS-Office.
- Strong and positive leadership and interpersonal qualities.
- Detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong understanding of New York City building codes.
- Proven experience in the production of working drawings from schematic design through to construction administration.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate commitment to the multidisciplinary project development process and team-focused environment, applying in-depth knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology.
- Have excellent leadership skills coupled with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, producing exemplary work on a daily basis.
- Understand how to develop a wide range of project types, dealing with project schedule, client demands, building materials, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembling construction drawing sets.
A two-hour Revit Assessment will be given to those chosen for an interview.
Salary commensurate with experience.